Thursday, November 3, 2016

It's All About The Housewife Today And The Sandwich?

Today we celebrate all housewives across America! It's a job that too often gets taken for granted, but it is a never ending job. This full-time employment for no pay has to be one of the most rewarding things I've ever been blessed with the opportunity to do. I wasn't always a stay at home, but I always remember wanting to be. My mother was always there for my brother and me while growing up and I have no doubt she probably wanted to run away at times. As do I. But I thank her for not. 



Sure, I often retreat to the farthest corner of my house while on the verge of a breakdown where my husband will sometimes come home from work and wonder why I'm sitting in the closet.  I see the terror in his face when our eyes meet and that single tear streams down my cheek.  He wants to immediately abandon ship. I can tell, but he springs into action and figures out a plan. Sometimes that plan is our local taqueria and margaritas or promptly making sure the wine club shipment is on it's way. Sometimes he just stands there fear-stricken and will literally say, "I don't know what to do." 




One thing is always certain. This job is always rewarding. As I spend time reflecting this morning on celebrating myself and other women as myself, I realize that I spend a lot and I mean A LOT of time complaining and sweating the small stuff. It can all turn around though in an instant. A thank you, a "dinner was good, mom." A proud mom moment.  A "I couldn't have done it without you." Or just watching them laugh and enjoy the HOME I've helped build.  It makes it all worth it.




Oh, and the fact that National Housewives Day and National Sandwich Day are on the same day has me like.......




Some post-world series humor for you. Congratulations Cubbies. You made baseball exciting for me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment